Thursday 26 November 2009

Experimentation: Collages


I had a go at some collages with a recurring element of covering up the faces with patterns. The first one I did (above) I feel doesn't have enough meaning behind it as i ask the question why are the faces covered up? I think some elements of this collage are quite effective but I don't think I will investigate into this much further because I feel the insect images and the collage/drawing below have more potential to experiment with.


With this collage/drawing I concentrated on one person and that the pattern starts to consume her face. I took this further and made it look like she has become camouflaged with the pattern. However I don't know wether to fill the white space with more of the pattern as I feel it maybe to much to look at, although this may intensify the camouflage appearance more effectively. To develop this further I could take my own photos to add a personal feel and I would be able construct the poses how I want.
On more thought I don't think i will investigate into this area anymore!

No comments: